Follow me on Bloganizer

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Imperial Chicken Recipe

Okay, I can't promise that my recipes will always be healthy, but they are a hit with my picky (oh, I'm sorry - "particular" husband) so if I post them they are sure to please even the choosiest of eaters. This recipe is from one of my favorite cookbooks, Savannah Style, which I actually bought in Savannah as a teenager on a family vacation (I was very domestically-minded at 16). It continues to impress me and everyone who eats its recipes 15 years later!

 

Buy it here.

Ingredients:
2 whole chicken breasts, halved an boned (or, if you live near a Wal-Mart, four deboned, already flattened chicken breasts)
1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons parsley, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 clove garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
Dash paprika

Directions:
Blend bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Set aside. Combine melted butter and garlic. Roll each chicken breast half into a firm roll, skewer with a toothpick. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then roll in bread crumb mixture. Arrange in a baking pan or glass casserole dish. Pour lemon juice over chicken and drizzle with any remaining butter. Sprinkle with paprika. Place in a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.

Serves 4.

Note:
It's kind of tricky skewering the chicken breasts but completely doable, and if you are serving it to guests I recommend removing the toothpicks before serving - it's a little classier than what I do with my family, which is warn them before they dig in ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment